Quotes Page 20
- Sleep, thou hast been a grandsire and begot
A father to me
- William Shakespeare, "Cymbeline"
- The roses of my grandmother are as yellow as my grandfather, who was born in Asia.
- Eugene Ionesco, "The Lesson"
- O what venerable and reverend creatures did the aged seem!
- Thomas Traherne, "Centuries of Meditiations"
- Why should a man, whose blood is warm within,
Sit like his grandsire cut in alabaster.
- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
- Good old grandsire ... we shall be joyful of thy company.
- William Shakespeare, "The Taming of the Shrew"
- For that my grandsire was an Englishman
Awakes my conscience.
- William Shakespeare, "King John"
- Dancing begets warmth, which is the parent of wantonness. It is, Sir, the great grandfather of cuckoldom.
- Henry Fielding
- He whipped my grandfather; a very great man!
- Jospeh Addison
- I don't know who my grandfather was
I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.
- Abraham Lincoln
- The wind that gave our grandfather his first breath also received his last sigh.
- Seattle, Chief of the Duwamish and Suquamish and Allied Indian tribes
- Old age, calm, expanded, broad with the haughty breadth of the universe,
Old age flowing free with the delicious near by freedom of death.
- Walt Whitman
- Old age is not a disease - it is strength and survivorship, triumph over all kinds of vicissitudes and disappointments, trials and illnesses.
- Maggie Kuhn
Grandparents Quotes Page 21
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.