Quotes Page 19
- And add to these retired Leisure,
That in trim gardens takes his pleasure.
- John Milton, "'Il Penseroso'"
- I love any discourse of rivers, and fish and fishing.
- Izaak Walton, "The Compleat Angler"
- On the pilgrimmage to Ise,
Swapping notes on
How many grandchildren.
- Indeed I am not ... your grandfather
But get no coward.
- William Shakespeare, "Henry IV, Part II"
- Hard is to teach an old horse to amble trew.
- Edmund Spenser, "The Faerie Queene"
- O good old man! how well in thee appears
The constant service of the antique world,
When service sweat for duty, not for meed!
- Willaim Shakespeare, "As You Like It"
- I saw thyself with many a smiling line
Upon thy cheerful face, joy's livery wear.
- Sir Philip Sidney, "Sonnet"
- What should we speak of
When we are old as you?
- William Shakespeare, "Cymbeline"
- There are so few who can grow old with good grace.
- Sir Richard Steele
- His golden locks Time hath to silver turn'd.
- George Peel, "A Farewell to Arms"
- Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.
- Lewis Mumford, "The Brown Decades"
- Reminiscences make one feel so deliciously aged and sad.
- George Bernard Shaw, "The Irrational Knot"
- Who begot thee?
Marry, the son of my Grandfather.
- William Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen of Verona"
- But still continue as thou art
Ancient person of my heart.
- John Wilmot, "Earl of Rochester"
Grandparents Quotes Page 20
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.