Quotes Page 23
- One of the many things nobody ever tells you about middle age is that it's such a nice change from being young.
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- There is a delight, a comfort, an easing of the burden, a renewal of joy in my own life, to feel the stream of life of which I am part going on like this.
- Betty Friedan
- If you rest, you rust.
- Helen Hayes
- Before, I always lived in anticipation...that it was all a preparation for something else, something "greater" more "genuine". But that feeling has dropped away from me completely. I live here and now, this minute, this day, to the full, and the life is worth living.
- Etty Hillesum
- Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
- Jane Howard
- The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook>
- William James
- When I am an old woman I shall wear purple.
- Jenny Joseph
- The purpose of discipline is self-discipline, and its best source is the full-time hovering presence of a grandmother. Grandmothers don't spoil children; tired parents do.
- Florence King
- The trouble with looking back is that we can't change the past. We can, hopefully, talk honestly and openly with our adult children, and even make amends-but the place where we really have a second chance is with our grandchildren.
- Eda Leshan
- The process of maturing is an art to be learned, an affort to be sustained. By the age of fifty you have made yourself what you are, and if it is good, it is better than your youth.
- Marya Mannes
- I suddenly realised that through no act of my own I had become biologically related to a new human being.
- Margaret Mead
- By the time the youngest childrem have learned to keep the house tidy, the oldest grandchildren are on hand to tear it to pieces.
- Christopher Morley
- It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.
- Christopher Morley
Grandparents Quotes Page 24
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.