Quotes Page 11
- It's not as it was when I was young.
- Liu Yung
- Hours, you are briefer than kisses
she sun's lips leave on the mournful sea,
briefer than cries of migrating birds
dropping their pearls of song,
briefer than brilliant glints from the shell
a scurrying beetle wears as a shield,
briefer than hands parting in farewell...
- Annette Von Droste-Hulshoff
- The days may come, the days may go, but still the hands of memory weave.
- George Cooper
- How unspeakably the lengthening of memories in common endears our old friends!
- George Eliot
- Where I was born the flowers have always the same scent.
- Ki No Tsurayuki
- O time, suspend your flight and you, fortunate hours, stay your journey! Let us savour the fleeting delights of the finest of our days!
- Alphonse de Lamartine
- Life engenders life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.
- Sarah Bernhardt
- If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder...he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in.
- Rachel Carson
- Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future.
- Gail Lumet Buckley
- ...to he the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton
- ...she is the teeming mother of mothers the bearer of them that shall grow and be mates to the mothers.
- Walt Whitman
- Soup simmering, music of idle gossip, yammering kids, domestic chaos - long adjusted to this rolling scene, you show them your lofty calm.
- Gottfried Keller
- You are beautiful . . .
Like an old opera tune
Played upon a harpsichord.
- She was like the SUN, making red, in her RISING. The clouds of dawn with the flame of her light.
- Judah ha-Levi
- Let us know the happinesss time brings, not count the years.
- She sits, looking at the sun going down, and weaves and talks with the nieghbors, and think back to when she dressed up fine for holidays and danced all night - so lithe, so firm - with the boys, her escorts through that season of light.
- Giacomo Leopardi
Grandparents Quotes Page 12
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.