Quotes Page 1
- "Dear Grandmamma, with what we give,
We humbly pray that you may live
For many, many happy years:
Although you bore us all to tears.
- Hilaire Belloc
- "If you would civilize a man, begin with his grandmother.
- Victor Hugo
- "There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson."
- Victor Hugo
- "The brown Decades
Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with his grandfathers."
- Lewis Mumford
- Have children while you parents are still young enough to take care of hem.
- Rita Rudner
- Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.
- Doug Larson
- No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.
- Author Unknown
- "What a wonderful contribution our grandmothers and grandfathers can make if they will share some of the rich experiences and their testimonies with their children and grandchildren."
- Vaughn J. Featherstone
- "We have become a grandmother."
- Margaret Thatcher
- "The reason that grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy."
- Sam Levinson (1911-1980)
- Never have children, only grandchildren.
- Gore Vidal
- "A friend of mine was asked how she liked having her first great-grandchild. "It was wonderful," she replied, "until I suddenly realized that I was the mother of a grandfather!"
- Robert L Rice, M.D.
- It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother - that's why the world calls her grandmother.
- If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!
- Hannah Whithall Smith
- A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.
- Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
- Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends.
- Allan Frome
- Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.
- Alex Haley
- Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.
- Edward H. Dreschnack
- "If I would have known that grandchildren were going to be so much fun I would have had them first"
- Bill Laurin
Grandparents Quotes Page 2
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.